About Dr. Kolker
Dr. Adam R. Kolker is a plastic surgeon in Manhattan, NYC specializing in cosmetic surgery of the breast, body, and face. Dr. Kolker is board certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery.
The achievement and continued maintenance of double board certification reflects extensive education and training as well as a commitment to upholding the highest standards of plastic surgery techniques, theory, practice, and safety.
Dr. Kolker is passionate about attaining the most exquisite, natural, and beautiful results for every individual, balancing artistry, meticulous attention to detail, extraordinary care, and safety. Always a doctor first with the very best interests of his patients in mind, Dr. Kolker was raised in a family of physicians and surgeons, and was inspired to a career in surgery at an early age. At age 17, Dr. Adam Kolker was accepted to medical school, and was graduated from the highly selective accelerated six-year biomedical education program at Union College and Albany Medical College with honors at 23. In addition to a Doctor of Medicine degree, he satisfied concentrations in Biology and Fine Arts.
Dr. Kolker undertook rigorous residency and fellowship training for 10 years, completing full general surgery and plastic surgery residency and chief residency programs, as well as additional fellowships in microsurgery research and craniofacial surgery. Dr. Kolker's plastic surgery training was completed at some of the most prestigious and highly respected bastions of graduate medical education in the world, including Harvard Medical School, New York University, and the University of Melbourne in Australia.
Founding his plastic surgery private practice in Manhattan, New York City in 2000, Dr. Kolker has established and maintained a commitment to exceptional care, superlative safety standards, aesthetically beautiful and natural outcomes, and advancing the art and science of plastic surgery. He has authored more than 20 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters in surgery and plastic surgery, and has numerous lectures and presentations in plastic surgery at the national and international level to his credit. Dr. Kolker is also an Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, ranked one of the top 20 medical schools in the nation. Dr. Kolker has been the recipient of multiple awards in surgery and plastic surgery science and education, and has been listed among the best plastic surgeons in the New York Metro area by Castle Connolly, honored in New York Magazine's Best Doctors issues, and is listed in Castle Connolly's America's Top Doctors.
Dr. Kolker is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and a member of the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, the New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Also deeply committed to the care of less privileged children and families worldwide, as well as to the education and training of local surgeons in third world nations, Dr. Kolker is an active plastic surgeon with Operation Smile. Providing plastic surgery for children born with facial deformities such as cleft lip and cleft palate, Dr. Kolker has travelled to numerous communities in Africa, Asia, Central and South America, and India to provide smiles to children in need.
New York Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Kolker approaches every relationship with warmth, a passion for achieving beautiful, natural results, and a profound commitment to exceptional care that far supersedes standards of care. No two plastic surgeons are the same, and the plastic surgeon you choose absolutely makes a difference. If you are considering plastic surgery in New York City, we invite you to experience what truly distinguishes Dr. Kolker as one of the leading plastic surgeons in Manhattan and New York. We look forward to meeting you, and to warmly welcoming you to our practice.
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Harvard Medical School Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Boston, Massachusetts
- Craniofacial Surgery University of Melbourne Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Microsurgery Research New York University Medical Center Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery New York, New York
- General Surgery New York Medical College St. Vincent's Hospital, Manhattan New York, New York
- College / Medical School Six-Year Accelerated Biomedical Program Union College, Schenectady, New York Bachelor of Science cum laude, Biology / Fine Arts Albany Medical College, Albany, New York Doctor of Medicine
- Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Board Certified, American Board of Surgery
- Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery (Plastic Surgery) Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai New York, NY
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Plastic Surgery Section
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- NY Regional Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
Honors, Awards and Distinctions
- Americas Top Doctors, Castle Connolly, Inc., 2014, 2015
- Top Doctors New York Metro Area, Castle Connolly, Inc. 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th Editions, 2006 - 2015
- Best Doctors (Plastic Surgery), New York Magazine 2013, 2014, 2015
- Plastic Surgery Residency Teaching Award, Mount Sinai Hospital, 2012
- Plastic Surgery Residency Teaching Award, Mount Sinai Hospital, 2010
- Best Doctors (Plastic Surgery), New York Magazine 2010
- Best Doctors (Plastic Surgery), New York Magazine 2008
- First Prize, New York Regional Society of Plastic and
Reconstructive Surgeons Resident Competition, New York, NY 1996